In today’s day and age, being able to sit at home and make a substantial amount of money is, in fact, a very real possibility. Thanks to the rise in technology and communications, many employees have jobs that allow them to work from home or work remotely. This applies to formal, full-time jobs, part-time jobs and especially those jobs that are specifically designed to help you supplement your income.
As I mentioned, the internet is the real reason the option of working from home is an option at all. With basic access to the internet, information and services are readily available. Communication, in particular, has been made incredibly accessible to anyone as long as they have a phone or any other comparable device.
The Convenience of Working From Home
The convenience of this doesn’t just enhance the possibilities for employees but also improves and changes the context in which customers can access services. Moreover, this isn’t just in the form of retail platforms or sources of information but also in the form of real and effective support systems for important services.
These support systems could be as simple as helping someone figure out how their new blender works or as complex as providing someone with the professional mental health services they might need. So, in other words, this new form of employment is positively changing the way we ask and access help and Course Hero is simply one such example of this!
Course Hero Works: a Course Hero Review
This article will help you understand how Course Hero works, course hero review; its pros and cons, how other similar platforms compare to it and the best way for you to make money through Course Hero. It is now time to dive in and explore a potential new source of extra income!
What Is Course Hero and What Service Does It Provide?
One of the most popular ways to get reliable academic information might just be through reliable, crowdsourced online resources. In any case, to begin with, the internet is probably the first stop for all questions!
Course Hero functions as an online learning platform that students can access so as to be able to find and utilize specific study materials. These study materials are sourced through educators and students - thereby creating a dynamic, crowdsourced, online study tool in the form of a vast library.
Course Hero also allows its users to become tutors. With this option, you can now earn money by helping students. All you need to do is play to your strengths and expertise (wherever they may lie) in a range of academic fields.
Course Hero Review
Main Features of Course Hero
It is important to look into how Course Hero functions and what its main features are. This way, you will be able to discern how effective and lucrative an option it is as another source of income and whether or not it is worth your while.
How Does Course Hero Organize Itself?
One of the best ways to understand how Course Hero works is to see how it is organized. This will help you understand exactly where you would be able to contribute to the platform and if it is a right fit for you.
How Is the Study Material Organized?
Course Hero organizes its study material in the following ways:
- Literature Study Guides
Course Hero Review; How Do You Earn Money through Course Hero?
There are two primary ways by which you can earn money or gain from Course Hero:
- Become a tutor via an application process. This is the first step towards making money through Course Hero.
How Is Course Hero Priced?
Naturally, one of the most pertinent questions is about how Course Hero prices its services. How much do you have to spend to use it? And how much can you actually earn by contributing to it?
These are important questions you should ask, to be able to understand how much you can actually gain for participating in this service and whether or not that is equivalent to the amount of effort and time you put into it.
Tutors who perform well can earn up to $500 a week! Keep in mind that this is, of course, dependent on how much time you are willing to spend as a tutor.
To be able to access the learning material on Course Hero, all you have to do is upload study material of your own and then be able to access the information you want in return.
Here, I have to say that it is hard to discern how much Course Hero pays in comparison to other sites. Often, the pay scale for all of these platforms is made clear only during or after the application process. However, given Course Hero’s popularity, it can be assumed that it pays its tutors fairly well, especially if you are spending a good number of hours a week as a tutor!
How Does Course Hero Compare to Other Similar Services?
As you can imagine, there are a number of other platforms that are similar to Course Hero in the way that they function and the services they provide.
It is worth looking into how Course Hero compares to some of these other platforms in the market. How similar or different are they? Can they be considered as alternatives in any way? Or is Course Hero unique in what it is offering you as an option for making extra money from the comfort of your own home?
- On Teachable you can set up a course for free but the biggest difference between Course Hero and Teachable is that making money from this platform requires you to pay Teachable to use its platform to sell your course. A Basic plan costs $39 per month, followed by the Professional plan which costs $99 per month and then the High Volume plan which costs $299 per month.
- It differs from Course Hero in that it allows you to create an entire course that users can have access to. In some ways, this makes it less versatile than Course Hero.
- Teachable claims to have a relatively effortless process for setting up your course, which can be an advantage to using this platform.
- The upper limit of what you can earn by selling your courses on Teachable is substantial but is highly dependent on how invested you are in creating and selling content.
- It has over 7 million students using the platform. However, this cannot compete with the Udemy platform, for example, which has 20 million students worldwide.
- Udemy is another well-known platform that functions in a similar way to Course Hero. However, it is restricted to only creating courses, and not necessarily tutoring. It also requires you to give Udemy 50% of the profit for every student you bring in.
- Udemy only starts paying the instructor after the third month, which can be a disadvantage.
- Udemy also requires you to design a course for it to be put up on the platform; this is another limitation.
- The process of becoming a Premium instructor is not too drawn-out and takes a fairly short amount of time, which is a positive.
- The process of putting together a high-quality course that can be uploaded onto the Udemy website is quite intensive, which might make you reconsider using this platform.
- Similar to Teachable, LearnWorlds requires you to pay to use their platform to sell courses you have designed. Their plans go from Starter ($24 per month) to Pro Trainer ($79 per month) to High Value and Corporate ($199 per month) to Learning Center ($249 per month). However, they do not have any sales fees on their more expensive plans.
- LearnWorlds emphasizes the quality of the aesthetics and interfaces it offers for designing the course of your choice. This undoubtedly helps with selling and advertising your course.
- Allows students to connect with other students, which could be helpful in drawing attention to your course.
- It's multilingual, thereby making it more accessible and widening the audience base.
- Accessible across multiple devices.
- For Tutor.com the price is dictated by the subject you teach on the platform and you can only have access to the pay scale after you have successfully applied for the position of a tutor.
- Has tedious process for becoming certified as a tutor, including a background check, which can be a deterrent.
- Offers flexible hours; so you can choose how much or how little time you want to spend as a tutor.
- Requires you to be living in either the U.S or Canada so it is quite restrictive on location. (Rating: 1/5)
- Thus requires you to be at least a sophomore at an American or Canadian college, which can also be restrictive. (Rating: 2/5)
As you can tell, there are definitely some other options out there when it comes to online teaching platforms. However, by and large, Course Hero seems to offer a more unique setting for a teaching platform and could prove to be more flexible in what it offers you as an option for earning money in your spare time.
Pros and Cons of Course Hero
Like any product or service, Course Hero has a number of pros and cons. It is important that you weigh them against one another before using this platform. This way, we can stay as well-prepared as possible before using it as a second source of income.
So there you have it; Course Hero can be a fantastic and reliable way to supplement your income. It is effective, innovative and requires a small amount of effort, especially in comparison to the other platforms out there. In return, however, it reaps relatively high rewards. This is particularly pronounced in the fact that it does not necessarily require you to design a course but simply begins by encouraging you to answer questions.
Which platform is the best for you?
As you can see, there are a number of different options out there. Which platform is the best for you? It depends on how much time you want to spend supplementing your income and what kind of work you want to engage in.
Whatever you decide to do, Course Hero is always a good option for a number of reasons. It could suit almost anyone, it follows an approachable option of tutoring. This makes it worth an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5!
What are you waiting for? Go sign up and start learning or teaching today!