In this Clickbank review, we will explore an affiliate program that has changed many lives. The ever-evolving technological environment we live in has changed our day-to-day lives. While many have analyzed the technological innovation's effect on our lives, only few have realized the way it has influenced our work.
Today, more individuals than ever work from the comfort of their homes and earn a stable income. The rise of online marketing and retailing has opened up plenty of avenues for beginners and experts alike to make money.
One of the most popular and most straightforward ways to make money is by joining an affiliate program. Here, the user earns commission for promoting and selling a product or service. While the concept of affiliate marketing has existed for decades, it has sustained a thriving online ecosystem for the past few years. Most businesses appoint affiliate marketers to promote products online. The marketers earn a fixed commission for every extra sale they make.
It is one of the oldest such affiliates programs and has been running for over two decades now. By offering several unique and flexible features to its affiliates and vendors, they have become a popular choice for those who want to earn a stable income. Let us have a look at how the platform works, how you can make money on it and how it measures up to some of its competitors. Finally, we will assess its pros and cons and help you decide if it is something you would want to take a shot at.
What Is Clickbank?
Clickbank is one of the largest and oldest affiliate network programs, which acts as an online marketplace for products and services. Established in 1998, it has over 1.5 million affiliate marketers who promote thousands of products to millions of customers every day. The products are eBooks, software, downloadable resources or website memberships. The platform takes care of payment, processing and customer support in exchange for a specific fee.
It acts as an interface between vendors and affiliate marketers. Anyone can become an affiliate marketer, free of cost, and proceed to develop the products listed on the site. Every sale earns the affiliate a fixed commission, and they make the payment every two weeks.
To become a vendor and sell your product or service, you need to pay a one-time fee aside from the small fee on every order. You get to decide how much the affiliates get as commissions. You also create the landing page for your product, with two or three comprehensive sales pages. If you have a skill or idea which can be of benefit, Clickbank is a great way to share it in exchange for a fee.
Negative Clickbank Review
Because of the negative publicity, Clickbank has been stereotyped as a scam. But there is nothing wrong with the concept of serving the public as an online marketplace for products and services. The issue arises in low entry barriers; anybody can offer any product, which means many people try to take advantage of the platform and its users. It is advisable to investigate the details of the product before placing an order. It is also essential to have clarity on the billing procedure, hidden costs and refund policy of the product and vendor. Clickbank has a decent and customer-centric refund system, but many users have reportedly faced issues in this regard.
This Clickbank review hopes to share the upsides and downsides of using this product on your business.
- Easy Sign-Up: It allows everyone to sign up on their platform, both as an affiliate marketer as well as a vendor. However, in addition to fueling innovation and competition, there is also a proliferation of dishonest people trying to take advantage of platform to commit online fraud, but more on that later.
- One-Time Fee for Vendors: As we mentioned earlier, you can become an affiliate marketer on Clickbank for free. You can earn commissions from the products you promote and sell without paying any fee. If you decide to list your product on Clickbank, you will have to pay a one-time fee, which can be considered akin to a small seed investment in your online business.
- Wide Variety of Products: Affiliate marketers will never run out of content to promote. There are thousands of products in diverse categories like the arts, business, computer, education, food, health, mobile, software, sports, travel and so many more! Although products are generally in the form of eBooks and resource guides, the diversity of field is a significant advantage.
- Timely Payments: Affiliate marketers receive their income once every two weeks, in their preferred mode of payment: cheque or direct transfer. They also have the liberty to set the minimum payment threshold (default is $100). However, you must be able to generate a minimum of five sales using at least two payment gateways to be eligible for your first payment.
- Analytics Support: Your dashboard gives you a detailed understanding of how many site visitors came on the landing page via the unique link, the volume of sales (initial, gross, net, refund, charge back included), subscriptions, etc. It helps marketers and vendors gain more clarity on their earnings and performance.
Clickbank Review On Pricing
To start this review we look into its pricing initially. Clickbank is free for those who wish to join the platform as an affiliate marketer. You can get started just by signing up and promote products to earn commissions. Vendors, however, have to pay a one-time fee of $49.95 to list their products in the online marketplace. Instead of charging a fixed monthly fee for vendors in exchange for payment and customer support, Clickbank charges $1 + 7.5% from each sale.
It is also important to note that vendors have the liberty to choose the commissions that an affiliate earns for every successful sale. Vendors are advised to keep a commission rate between 50%-75% to ensure that many affiliates are motivated to promote and sell their product or service.
How It Compares
- Price: Free for affiliates; vendors - $49.95 + $1 + 7.5% on each sale.
- Unique Features (4/5 stars): Analytics support, wide product variety, minimal restrictions.
- User Satisfaction (3/5 stars): High among affiliates and vendors; complaints from customers.
- Customer Support (3.5/5 stars): Email, telephone, and ticket-based; average quality.
- Price: The cost-per-action model used at PeerFly means affiliates get paid for every successful action completed. No other charge or fee is applied.
- Unique Features (4.5/5 stars): High scrutiny on affiliation applications, affiliate tracking, multiple payment options, varied training and tools, rewards programs.
- User Satisfaction (4/5 stars): High; users and customers have reviewed PeerFly favorably.
- Customer Support (4/5 stars): Email, telephone, and training; high-quality.
- Price: Merchants are charged $500 as network access fees, and a minimum of $100 is needed as a deposit to create a merchant account.
- Unique Features (4/5 stars): Training, webinars, best practices resources, affiliate education, merchant recommendations, real-time click tracking, affiliates segmentation.
- User Satisfaction (3.5/5 stars): Mixed.
- Customer Support (3/5 stars): Email, telephone, and training; average quality.
Pros and Cons
Ideal for Beginners:
Owing to its low entry barriers and easy user interface, in this Clickbank review we found out that it's the ideal platform for individuals who are just getting started with affiliate marketing. Since it is free for affiliates, there is also no risk associated with paying a fee to use the platform. Features like timely payments, analytics and a wide variety of products are reasons seen as perfect for beginners.
Safe and Secure Payments:
One feature we discovered from searching other Clickbank reviews is that it supports a variety of payments like American Express, Discover, ELV, JCB, Diners Club, Carte Bleue, Maestro, PayPal, MasterCard, and Visa. This ensures that customers can make payments according to their choice and familiarity.
Clickbank has global operations and ships products all over the world. However, the facility of direct transfer at no extra cost is available only to users in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Mexico. And The Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland and lastly the United Kingdom. Those who do not live in these countries may opt for payments via check or Payoneer, a popular payment gateway to credit timely payments.
Allows Products with Recurring Payment:
Up until years back, only products with one-time payment were allowed on Clickbank. However, products with recurring payments are also up for offer on Clickbank now. This means users pay a monthly fee to use the guide or software and may also receive additional support. It ensures vendors and affiliates will have stable and recurring earnings on the products they own or sell.
In addition to a low-barrier sign up process, Clickbank has minimal restrictions on vendors and affiliates. Affiliates are not bound by the number of products they can market or the kind of promotional tool they use. It ensures there is no upper limit to the commissions earned by affiliates.
Next on our Clickbank review are the cons.
Low Entry barrier:
This is a double-edged sword; on the one hand, it helps the marketplace thrive by increasing competition and innovation. But it is a dilemma allowing dishonest vendors who trick customers by refusing refund claims after they bought a substandard product or service. One of the key reasons is Clickbank review gained unfavorable results because of its ineffective screening of vendors.
Lack of Promotional Support:
A major drawback for affiliates is the fact that Clickbank offers no promotional tools or support. Affiliate marketers have to come up with banners and promotional materials on their own unless the vendor provides them. A lack of established process and yardstick would mean that affiliates have to put in more effort while promoting some products.
High Refund Rates:
As we mentioned earlier, many misleading products and services also exist on the platform. It means customers would claim a refund when they receive the product only to realize that it can’t deliver its promises. The 60-day refund policy encourages users to purchase and apply for a refund if it fails to meet expectations.
Clickbank charges affiliates if their account does not register sales for an extended period. The charge of $1 per day is applicable after 90 days of no earnings, $5 per day after 180 days of no profits and $50 per day after 365 days of no profits. These charges are deducted from affiliate earnings and can affect the income if the user is not consistently active.
To conclude this review, we found that Clickbank is an accessible and easy-to-use online marketplace, which is ideal for beginners. You can promote and sell pre-existing products free of cost, or you can post products of your own by paying a one-time fee. Either way, the platform is an efficient way to earn a stable income.
Despite being in business for over two decades, it has gained a reputation for tricking customers with hidden costs, subscription charges and undeclared terms and conditions. But we need to differentiate between the platform and the vendors who offer their products and services on it.
While Clickbank has several customer protection policies, it needs to improve in identifying the genuine vendors from fraudulent ones. Finally, earning a stable income on Clickbank also requires time, effort and consistency. You cannot expect to rake in thousands of dollars without putting in time and work. So do not think of Clickbank as a ‘quick’ source of income, but a more accessible, structured and transparent one.